Oel wechsel K-federbein

Hart, härter, ZXR! ...aber gehts auch anders? Hier gibts Antworten. ;-)
Antworten
sjoeblom

Oel wechsel K-federbein

Beitrag von sjoeblom »

Hallo,
I am doing the oil change myself on my K-federbein.

I've done a lot af motoX-damper previus so I know what to do, but I can't find any information on the viscosity.
Is it SAE5 or ??

Any info appriciatet :)

DerP
ZXR-Guru
ZXR-Modellreihe: H (89/90)

Re: Oel wechsel K-federbein

Beitrag von DerP »

Yes it's SAE5.
No Brain No Headache!

sjoeblom

Beitrag von sjoeblom »

viel dank

Super Rider
ZXR-Guru
ZXR-Modellreihe: J (91/92)

Beitrag von Super Rider »

I'd suggest you skim through this thread first before putting some random kind of sae5 oil in it:
http://www.zxr750.de/board/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=53025" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(since you obviously won't use the original oil -the question wouldn't make much sense then- and didn't ask about viscosity using the actual unit for viscosity “cSt“ or a derivative, I suppose you are yet to read it)

iirc the same kayaba oil (viscosity-wise) is also used in the rear damper.
don't know, however, if you can get the same (recommended) oils in Denmark though..

sjoeblom

Beitrag von sjoeblom »

no problems on the oils, I can just buy it in germany if nessesary :)
Thanks for the link - I must say I wasn't aware the difference. Thought SAE5 was the same no matter what brand.

What would you recommend for a J-gabel and K-federbein ?

Is it the cSt@40C , cSt@100C or the VI that is most important ??
Zuletzt geändert von sjoeblom am 21 Mär 2013 12:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Super Rider
ZXR-Guru

since both originally use the same kayaba01 oil (looked it up in the manual), you'll just need one kind of for both the fork and the rear damper.
the favourites are -so far-
Shell Advance Fork SAE 5
and
Addinol [....] 5, as mentioned in my last post of that thread

the latter, with shipping to Denmark, can be bought here (even though I won't admit to having done a thorough research on the cheapest price for that one)
http://www.ebay.de/itm/1-Liter-Addinol- ... 27c84ce52d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the s&h costs are pretty steep, though - but then again, it seems like you'll need at least two bottles so the damage would be not as high in comparison.
one can expect to pay about as much in a shop, esp. for the ones like wilbers (way off in terms of visc. for our dampers, btw), belray and what not..

sjoeblom

Beitrag von sjoeblom »

and most don't even give these values - just say 5W :(

I will get the Shell fork oil - it's fairly cheap here in denmark otherwise order the addinol from ebay.

thanks for your help

Super Rider
ZXR-Guru

sjoeblom hat geschrieben: Is it the cSt@40C , cSt@100C or the VI that is most important ??
forget the sae specs.
you could even go on and get a bottle of some sort of hydr. oil with stated sae of waaaay beyond that and still have the visc. levels close to those of the original kayaba oil.

in regards to 40C/100C, both are actually important.
it all depends on the actual working conditions.
if you're racing, you can expect the oil temp to be significantly higher than during street riding.
but since most of the times the information available is scarce, you're quite happy if the manufacturer specifies any relevant values at all. 40C is what you usually get; 100C might be harder to get your hands on.
but anyway -- I just stick to 40C and thats good enough for me (no track racing).
iirc, if you got the first value right, the 100C valuues shouldnt be too far apart for both oils.

sjoeblom

Beitrag von sjoeblom »

If I look at this chart http://www.peterverdone.com/wiki/images ... y-Data.gif then I can see lots of cSt@40 that are pretty similar, but the cSt@100 differs a lot..
In this chart the Shell advance forok 5 is way of, I hope he got the figures wrong :)

Super Rider
ZXR-Guru

yeah, ... but what can you do..
some are almost dead on, others aren't..
I'd say match it as best you can and hope for the best.
--If you consider the fact that many just dump some sort of sae5 oil in it, you're much better of
matching at least one parameter.
I don't honestly think the 100°C value is going to make a huge impact if it's a little off.
As I said, I'm unsure about what the actual working temperature range is,
but unless you're entering endurance races, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
--And even if that were the case - your K shock is adjustable ... use it.
(as for your J fork, well.. improvise, if needed :mrgreen:)

in regards to the shell advance oil, that is, indeed, a little strange..
the datasheet definately specifies 15/3.8 cSt.
so its either that shell have changed something or the list is just plain wrong (about that one)
can't help you with that one, I'm afraid.

Antworten